Since I was a child I have always loved a tea party and for me they automatically comes with some of my favourite cookies. THUMBPRINTS! I enjoy making these cookies so much that I thought it would be the first recipe that I would share. Below I will share the recipe with a few tips of my own.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/3 of flour
- jar of jam (I tend to pick my favourite: raspberry)
- Line at least two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a bowl cream together (I tend to use a hand mixer unless I am making a large batch) butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Next mix in the egg yolks, vanilla extract and salt until all the ingredients are full combined.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until the mixture is well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out the cookie dough and then roll it into balls.
- Using your thumb press into the middle of each ball of cookie dough.
- Using 1/2 teaspoon scoop some of the jam into the middle of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 350º F for 12-15 minutes the cookies tend to become golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!